Monday 5 August 2013

Week one

Tutor Tom's comments: Go with either the jar concept developing further, price of plastic could be the issue or the dog food one looks like it could use a lot of innovations. I would that for people with arthritis bending can be an issue, and the company would invest more for bulk packaged foods. I reckon inside of a push release, it can just a food release or simply by shaking it, food can come out.

Pamela: But probably people with arthritis just buy the small bags, or get there children to get their dog food them.
Tom's Teacher: But pensioners have a tight budget, and bigger usually has more value, company is willing to invest more into packaging.

Richard: I think you should look at the automatic food dispensers and see how they work.

Mar: While observing Mar I realised that we need to look into the product has to actually be a common need by the consumer.



My reflection: I like the concept of looking at other alternatives that the teacher gave such a foot lever to give the food or by shaking it to release the food. I realized that i really need narrow who my consumer is, and what activities they would usually perform when feeding their pets. This will determine the weight and size of the packaging. I also need to figure a cheap but efficient way for manufacturing the mechanism. Looking a different materials available, while still being environmentally friendly. As large sizes of plastic drum would contribute to land fill and be inefficient.










No comments:

Post a Comment